Friday, August 31, 2007

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent.

Wood. In Calgary, the city is filled with it, and surrounded by it. We likely have 50 different building supply stores in the city, with some of the largest and most explosive housing boom any city has seen for a long time.

Why is it then, that I cannot order Black melamine MDF? I've spent the better part of 4 hours on hold with Totem. I've driven down 3 times. I've even paid for the product in advance. With all that, they seem incapable of supplying me wood.

At this point I think it would be easier for me to take a chainsaw, drive out of the city 20 minutes, cut down my own tree, bring it back to the city and make my own wood.

I can order electronic components from England, and they arrive in 3 days. I can order a 110lb monitor from the US, ship it ground, and it arrives in 8 days. Two weeks working on order my wood, and it's still not even on order.

Wood.

The guy at Totem said he'd look into it and call me back.

He won't be calling back.

I guarantee it.

Update:

Apparently I went Hulk a little bit too soon. He did in fact call back. What he meant by 'It's not on order in the system', is that it's arrived and has been sitting on a shelf for 3 days.

...

Right.

At this point I'm half expecting to get there and find out it's the wrong wood, or the wood isn't actually there.

After this much work I'll be taking pictures of the wood from every possible angle. If only to prove to myself it actually exists.

No comments: