Thursday, March 6, 2008

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. I play video games, which I think is a far superior addiction to any of those other ones.

Making real progress now. I'm almost at the point where I can call the project 'done'. The only major thing that's left, is the artwork. My albatross. My white whale.


Here you can see the 25 cent stickers and the admin stickers applied. All of the admin buttons are wired and functioning now.


One of the things to be aware of with the small momentary contact buttons is that they're very shallow. I had to route out quite a bit of the backside of the 3/4" panel I had. Even then the nuts didn't seem to want to hold all the time.


Wider shot of the admin buttons.


The power button, when unlit, seems hardly noticeable with the labels in place.


This shot shows the labels reflecting off the glass. Again, the glass is so dark that you don't see these types of reflections unless you're hitting it with a camera flash.


Nice close up of the 25 cent vinyl. Looks much better than just a plain black button.


The more I look at the admin buttons, the more I'm glad I went with the smaller momentary contact buttons as opposed to a regular push button. They just look ... more admin.


What would any project be without some pimping here and there. I decided to spice up the inside with some cold cathode tubes. It also helps if I'm doing some work inside, as opposed to using a flexible work light.


The edges of the cabinet now have this eerie blue glow to them. It's also a nice effect when opening up the coin door.


Managed to take a stabilized shot without the flash so you have a better sense of the lighting.

Just a reminder that I was able to get the vinyl admin buttons from Pongo in the BYOAC forums. It's a great resource for artwork and other arcade related goodness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is some amazing work!!!!
Amer